Transformer Explosion Causes Apartment Fire

Thursday, 15 May 2014, 11:52:00 PM

Mirror Staff

A transformer at the Oceana Beach Club Hotel apparently exploded and caused at least four apartment buildings in the area to become damaged by fire. The blast and fire reportedly occurred just before 11 p.m. on May 15.

A member of the Santa Monica Mirror team who lives in the same neighborhood as the reported transformer blast confirmed the building fires.

Santa Monica Fire Dept. was immediately on the scene to attend to the building fires, which was located on the 800 block of 2nd Street near Downtown Santa Monica.

SMFD reportedly put out the blaze in minutes. No injuries were reported.

This story will be updated as new information becomes available.

Copyright © 2011 by Santa Monica Mirror. All rights reserved.