Santa Monica Tree Removal For Expo Line To Start April 17
Posted Apr. 3, 2012, 2:27 am
Brenton Garen / Editor-in-Chief
The removal and relocation of specific trees for the Exposition Light Rail Line within the City of Santa Monica will commence Tuesday, April 17.
The removal of shrubs, specific trees, and vegetation will continue through Thursday, May 10, 2012.
The work hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. No work will take place on weekends.
The trees will be removed along the Expo row within the City of Santa Monica and along Colorado Avenue from 14th Street to 17th Street.
Construction crews will use heavy machinery and hand tools to cut and clear various shrubs, brush, small plants, trees, and other ground cover.
The work will be performed in phases in coordination with construction activities related to the Expo Phase 2 Project.
· Trucks used to haul away debris will occasionally interrupt traffic as they enter and exit the ROW; however, flagmen will be used to safely direct drivers in order to minimize disruption to traffic.
· Parking restrictions in all construction areas will be strictly enforced at all times.
· Access to businesses and residences will be maintained throughout all construction activities.
· Noise levels will be monitored to ensure work performed is within the necessary compliance levels.
· Work crews will water down the work area to minimize dust, and the air will be monitored.
· Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.