Man Aged 54 Arrested After Making Threats At Santa Monica Business Park
Posted Dec. 24, 2013, 8:55 am
Tim Broughton / Mirror Contributor
Bail was set at $50,000 for a 54-year-old Los Angeles man on Thursday, Dec. 12 after making threats to two people in the parking lot of Santa Monica Business Park.
An officer of the Santa Monica Police Department responded to the parking lot at 6:20 am on this day located in the 2900 block of 31st Street after receiving a report of a “threat.”
Upon arrival the officers spoke with the victim who told them that on a prior day she had experienced a contentious exchange with the suspect and that on this day she had been walking across the parking lot in order to visit a business when this man had driven up to her in his vehicle and told her that he intended to “run her over.”
The woman had stated to the officer that this threat had made her fear for her safety, and the officer then investigated further and discovered that on Dec. 5, 2013, the same suspect had threatened the parking booth attendant who was employed at the same parking lot.
The officer then discovered the suspect in the area of the parking lot.
The officer then arrested this man of Los Angeles and he was charged with making terrorist threats.
Editor’s Note: These reports are part of a regular police coverage series entitled “Alert Police Blotter” (APB), which injects some minor editorial into certain police activities in Santa Monica. Not all of The Mirror’s coverage of incidents involving police are portrayed in this manner. More serious crimes and police-related activities are regularly reported without editorial in the pages of the Santa Monica Mirror and its website, smmirror.com.