Long Beach Freeway (710) To Close Twice This Weekend
Posted Sep. 30, 2011, 3:22 am
Beginning tonight, Sept. 30 and continuing through Monday morning, Oct. 3, the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will conduct Full Freeway Closures on the Long Beach Freeway (I-710) to replace aging pavement as part of the Long Life Pavement Rehabilitation Project from Firestone Boulevard to Slauson Avenue.
The Extended Weekend Closure schedule is as follows:
Friday, September 30 through Monday, October 3
Full freeway closures will occur twice during the weekend and in both directions:
· Friday at 11:59 p.m. until Saturday at 6 a.m.
· Sunday at 11 p.m. until Monday at 5 a.m.
The following ramps and connectors will be closed throughout the weekend:
· On-ramps to northbound I-710: from Imperial Highway, Firestone Blvd. and Florence Avenue.
· On-ramps to southbound I-710: from Atlantic Blvd., Florence Ave. & Firestone Boulevard.
· Off-ramps from northbound I-710: to Florence Avenue and Firestone Boulevard.
Eastbound & westbound I-105 connector to northbound I-710.
Motorists are reminded of a 45 mph speed limit and narrow lane widths during the Extended Weekend Closures.
This freeway segment is a designated Construction Zone where a lower
45 mph limit will be enforced by the California Highway Patrol.
Due to narrow lane widths, oversized loads are not permitted. Plan ahead and use alternate routes and detours.
The closure schedule is weather-permitting and is subject to change.
For more information on the I-710 full freeway closure schedule, visit www.dot.ca.gov/dist07
Follow The Mirror on Twitter: twitter.com/SMMirror
Like The Mirror on Facebook: facebook.com/SMMirror