An Evening On The Beach Benefit This Thursday
Posted Jul. 24, 2012, 8:05 am
Brenton Garen / Editor-in-Chief
“An Evening on the Beach” to benefit St. Vincent Meals on Wheels is set to be one of this summer’s most anticipated culinary events in Santa Monica this Thursday, July 26 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
The event will feature some of LA’s hottest chefs, tempting tastings off the grill, vintner tastings, specialty cocktails, great music, and crackling fires as the summer sun sets over the ocean.
Dress is casual, shoes are optional, and proceeds benefit St. Vincent Meals on Wheels who provides more than 4,700 meals daily to residents in the greater LA-area.
It will be held at Jonathan Beach Club located at 850 Palisades Beach Road in Santa Monica.
Special presentations will be made by Clark Staub of Full of Life Flatbread, the McGrath Family Farm with a ‘farm to grill to table’ spread, Jacqueline Buchanan of Laura Chenel Chevre, and Urbani Truffles, who will be showcasing black truffles, white and black truffle oils and truffle butter.
Guests will have an opportunity to bid of a number of luxury travel experiences and exclusive wine offerings.
Tickets are on sale now through the event website at www.eveningonthebeach.com.
• Sally Camacho of WP24
• Jeff Cerciello of Farmshop Brentwood
• Brendan Collins of Waterloo & City
• Leslie Durso, Vegan Chef and Eco Lifestylist
• Mark Gold of Eva Restaurant
• Michael Fiorelli of Mar’sel at Terranea Resort
• John-Carlos Kuramoto with Michael McCarty of Michael’s Restaurant
• Joe Miller of Joe’s Restaurant
• Kris Morningstar of Ray’s and Stark Bar
• Dahlia Narvaez of Pizzeria and Osteria Mozza
• Mark Peel of Campanile
• Paul Shoemaker of Savory
• Kerry Simon and Nona Sivley of LA Market Restaurant
• Mako Tanaka of Robata-Ya.
• Baker Lane Winery
• Beckman Vineyards
• Bonaccorsi Wine Company
• Bonny Doon Vineyard
• Dierberg Vineyards
• Domaine Serene
• Ferrari-Carano Vineyards & Winery
• Foxen Winery and Vineyard
• Inception Wines
• Justin Vineyards and Winery
• Kalin Wines
• Lioco Wines
• Longboard Vineyards
• Malibu Vineyards
• Melville Vineyards & Winery
• Star Lane Vineyards
• Summerland Winery
• Three Sticks Vineyards
• Vines on the Marycrest
• Specialty cocktails will be served by mixologist Giovanni Martinez from Sadie’s Kitchen and Lounge
Guests will have an opportunity to bid of a number of luxury travel experiences and exclusive wine offerings including:
• The Andaz San Diego
• The Athenaeum – Mayfair London
• Hotel Le Bristol, Paris
• The Arizona Biltmore, Phoenix
• Helvetia & Bristol, Florence and Grand Continental Hotel, Siena
• The Kahala Hotel & Resort, Honolulu
• La Costa Resort and Spa, Carlsbad
• Parrot Cay Resort, Turks and Caicos
• The Plaza Athenee, New York
• Four Season Resort, Punta Mita
• Rancho Las Palmas, Rancho Mirage
• The Montage Spa, Beverly Hills